Wednesday 20 October 2010

Pretty in Pink


Tuesday evening saw me standing outside Harrods post outfit panic (invite said 'dress code: cocktail with a hint of pink', read five minutes before cab arrived). Quick fashion cupboard raid later and I'm in baby pink sequins and Stargazer fluro pink lipstick. Shall have to do.

The cause? Estee Lauder Pink Ribbon campaign has taken over Harrods for the annual illuminations ceremony, with Liz Hurley doing the honors (usual uniform: micro, glitzy, spangly, it was f-f-freezing btw). In 5,4,3,2,1 Harrods would be PINK! I was lucky rough to be invited to the VIP bit, festooned with fetching pink 3D specs, an LED balloon, and felt very Christmassy and special when they did come on, even if they weren't pink per se.



The Estee Lauder Pink Ribbon Collection 2010 is on sale in Harrods now in support of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. A great cause if ever there was one and a lust worthy collection if ever I saw one.

The reception afterwards was prettily pink enough to make my 2 year old niece Poppy very proud. Just another day in beauty land...













Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment